"A big part of the story is lost when it becomes a movie."
a big part of the story is lost when you cut a fucking circle out of it
It’s my birthday month! For July’s giveaway there will be two winners and the selection of books is from my “Favorites” shelf on GoodReads. I know there are a lot of books on here that are unfamiliar to some of you and I encourage you to not overlook them for the more popular titles! While I love all of these books there are several here that I hope you all will consider reading even if it’s out of your comfort zone.
Here are the GoodReads synopses:
- Room - Emma Donoghue
- Ask The Passengers - A.S. King
- Fifty Acres and A Poodle - Jeanne Marie Laskas
- Eleanor & Park - Rainbow Rowell
- A Tree Grows in Brooklyn - Betty Smith
- The Snow Child - Eowyn Ivey
- The Painter - Peter Heller
- The Fault in Our Stars - John Green
- The Great Gatsby - F. Scott Fitzgerald
- Outlander - Diana Gabaldon
- The Language of Flowers - Vanessa Diffenbaugh
- Water for Elephants - Sara Gruen
- The Blessings of the Animals - Katrina Kittle
- East of Eden - John Steinbeck
- The Book Thief - Markus Zusak
- The Giver - Lois Lowry
- The Hunger Games - Suzanne Collins
- The Night Circus - Erin Morgenstern
- Gossamer - Lois Lowry
- The Sea of Tranquility - Katja Millay
- Follow Becki’s Bookshelf on Tumblr
- Reblog the monthly post and cite one of the listed books that you would like to receive
- Must be following Becki’s Bookshelf. These giveaways are only for my super awesome followers.
- Must enter with an active blog - no giveaway bot blogs. I will be checking.
- The winners have 48 hours to respond before a new winner is chosen.
- These giveaways are International.
- The winners will choose one of the the offered books in paperback or digital format only.
- The book will be from the Book Depository or Amazon, therefore the winner must be willing to give me a shipping address.
- Reblog as often as you want just don’t swamp your followers and make people hate me. Likes don’t count as an entry.
- Giveaways are run on US CST (GMT -6). Any reblogs posted after midnight CST on the last day of the month will not be valid.
- Giveaway tag is: Beckis Book Giveaway
Eleanor & Park
“Because love is the best thing we do.”
Quite a few people requested some form of trait/personality generator, and here’s the result! I wanted to keep it vague enough that the options could work for any universe, be it modern, fantasy, scifi, or anything else, so these are really just the basics. Remember that a character is much more than a list of traits, and this should only be used as a starting point– I tried to include a variety of things, but further development is definitely a must.
Could pair well with the gender and sexuality generator.
To Play: Click and drag each gif, or if that isn’t working/you’re on mobile, just take a screenshot of the whole thing (multiple screenshots may be required if you want more than one trait from each category).
My music tastes may have changed, but my old CD collection will always have a place in my heart. Especially the signed JoBros self titled.